Thomas M. Buchenau
Tom Buchenau is a third generation San Diego native, with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut, and a Juris Doctor degree from the University of San Diego, School of Law.
Engaged in the private practice of law since 1977, Mr. Buchenau also previously held a California Real Estate Broker’s license for over 15 years.
A dedicated citizen of East County where he has lived and worked for over 35 years.
- Former Paralegal Instructor at San Diego State University and at Cuyamaca Community College
- Former Member of the Sharp HealthCare Institutional Review Board
- Served the Grossmont Cuyamaca Community College District as a publicly elected Trustee
- Four times President of his Kiwanis Club; Lt. Governor of Division 31 – 2009-2010
- President of the Foothills Bar Association of San Diego County in 1999
- Director of the San Diego County Bar Association, 2007-2009; Vice President 2010